Ode to the Moon

Nature has lot many ways to speak to you. It talks through the winds, the trees, its shadeas, birds but sometime it reaches you in the most unimaginable forms like a crab reaching for your foot or colorful shells lying on the beach waiting to be picked up. But, nothing is more beautiful than a full moon, partially hidden by clouds, casting its light on the waves of sea. It almost seemed to me as the dacing waves were callimg them to me to reach out for them. Well, I have tried hard to put the beautful image which resides within me into words. So, enjoy.


Oh! Moon why are you so beautiful, but far?
So far, that I can never reach you,
Thus, this time I made a boat,
And, I will row until I reach you.
You are cold and bright in the night,
Surrounded by millions of stars,
For that I envy you,
So let me come and be with you,
But, don't you cast your light on sea,
When I am all set to sail,
For, I will get lost in the beauty of your light,
Falling on the surface of sea,
Like a sparkling jewel of life,
And, if the sea wind blows,
I may never board the boat,
For, my mind will be floating with the wind,
Touching the shells, hammering the waves,
Grooving with the swirls of sea,
And, the thought of wet sands under my feet,
With those tiny crabs crawling around,
And when the light house shines it light,
I must now rethink my stance.
Oh! Moon pardon me,
I will better stay in this land,
Beautiful and majestic,
But, don't you get grumpy and hide in clouds,
You still will be my favourite at the night sky,
For it is you who shines this bright,
Which makes the twinkling starlight.
And, then my heart may rest in peace,
Dancing, rejoycing with ease.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY BLOGGING?

India’s Growth in Nehru Era

LONELINESS, IS IT A PROBLEM?