Book Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Part I and Part II












Sometimes, When you get tired of the usual life , don't worry, Life has always a surprise stored for you. Mine came today and it was worth it. Life had been pretty rough lately. I gave several Exams but couldn't clear many of them. As any student would be after the defeat, I was a little low. Days were passing by without any interest. But, then came the most awaited book on Harry potter. Few of my friends and family members posted their comment on social media about the grand success of the book. I was aloof, thinking this book would take some time to come on the internet.

The internet, at times, behaves like life. It gets too unpredictable, but I guess that's the beauty of it. So, I was talking to my sister and She had a bad Monday test ( which my DPS buddies can relate too). Then, to cheer her up, I said, " Don't worry for Rakhi I will gift you the newest book on Harry potter". She was abrupt with her reply, " Oh! no need, I will get it from my roomy in a day or two, you need not bother." Now, I was perplexed, what to do and what not! Should I wait for the book to arrive on the shelf or should I check the mighty Internet once? Luckily, I decided to go with the later. 



The Book Review:


As soon as you glance upon the book, it sends the chill down the spine. The book is having "HARRY POTTER" in bold and "a nested snitch" with wings. Largely, it's the name of the author that matters the most. People are interested in this book because at first we all have been waiting for this for too long and more importantly we always wanted to know what happened afterward. I was mostly driven by the latter one. 

Structure:


Moving forward, I must remind you, this book is different from the earlier versions as it is made for a play (which you are all aware of). So, this book is more narrative and has lesser facts and details than its predecessors. Moreover, the way the book has been planned would surely take you in surprise. I, for one, loved the way the book is presented. The layout was captative, it kept me on the screen for a greater part of the story. Every part is having a meaning and the story flow is in a gradual manner. 



Storyline:


J.K Rowling is indeed one of the few writers I have known, who start off from exactly where they left. I was a hungry reader then, who was sentimental and anxious about the future when the future Potter-Granger-Weasley-Malfoy family met at platform 9 3/4. I wanted to know, what happened further, this is where She picks up the story and then develops such a plot that you will end up finishing the book.

The Story is majorly set in 1994 AD, the year Tri-wizard Tournament. It is the story of two people, their unexpected, unaccepted friendship, their journey, their sacrifice, their burning desire to prove themselves & lastly, the power of love that transcends all boundaries. Like the previous books, this also tells us about the need for friendship and love for the growth of a human. The storyline outlines all the if's about the future. However, I personally find the story line more balanced with every character getting similar attention. For me, the story was more or less titled towards the aching relation of a father and son in this modern world. A famous father and an infamous son, who does not wants any glory. This is the beauty of the story per se. The whole plot revolves around this in a swift manner. Years passed in this book as minutes. 

The only problem which I faced was a lack of detail & also the story moved too faster than we could comprehend.

Conclusion:


Well, as any other hungry reader, I would be expecting more from the author. 


It was after so many months that I completed a novel, this big, in 3 straight hours. Thank you! Queen of magic


Excerpt From: J.K. Rowling. “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.” :


 Young Albus resolving :

“Turner my father denied they even existed. He lied to an old man who just wanted his son back — who just loved his son. And he did it because he didn’t care — because he doesn’t care. Everyone talks about all the brave things Dad did. But he made some mistakes too. Some big mistakes, in fact. I want to set one of those mistakes right. I want us to save Cedric.”



Upon asked did harry ever complained?

DUMBLEDORE: Harry, there is never a perfect answer in this messy, emotional world. Perfection is beyond the reach of humankind, beyond the reach of magic. In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe.




Upon asked Did he really loved Harry:





“ that where I loved, I would cause irreparable damage. I am no fit person to love . . . I have never loved without causing harm.





Spoilers:


  • Draco and Harry Finally get together.
  • Hermione becomes the Miniter for Magic.
  • Voldemort nearly comes alive in this series.
  • Voldemort has a daughter.
  • Cedric was a crucial plot in the story.

Link for the book to download:

https://m.reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/4vfm51/epub_book_harry_potter_and_the_cursed_child/









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY BLOGGING?

LONELINESS, IS IT A PROBLEM?

India’s Growth in Nehru Era